Unlock Every Course!
Access Every Course for a One-Time Fee
Here's a current list of the catalog contents:
- Critical Thinking: What It Is and Why It's Important
- The Vocabulary of Science: First Steps to Science Literacy
- Upgrade Your Mindware: A First Course in Cognitive Biases, Debiasing Strategies and Critical Thinking
- What is a Good Argument?
- Formal Fallacies: Errors in Reasoning Due to Bad Logic
- Informal Fallacies: A Guided Tour
- All the Formal Logic You Need to Know for Critical Thinking
- What is Probability?
- The Logic of Probability
- Probability Fallacies
- Critical Thinking About Science: Science Literacy for the 21st Century
- Is Your Brain a Computer? Critical Thinking About Minds, Brains and Artificial Intelligence
- Special Topics: God, the Big Bang and Conspiracies
- How to Cite Sources and Avoid Plagiarism
- How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay
- A+ Essays: A Structured Approach to Successful Essay Writing
- A Critical Thinking Library
Get started now!
Courses Included with Purchase
The Vocabulary of Science: First Steps to Science Literacy
Learn to think more critically about science by mastering the language we use to talk about science
Critical Thinking: What It Is and Why It's Important
Learn why critical thinking skills are important and why they can be so difficult to obtain.
Upgrade Your Mindware
A First Course on Cognitive Biases, Debiasing Strategies and Critical Thinking
Is Your Brain a Computer?
Critical Thinking About Minds, Brains and Artificial Intelligence
What is a Good Argument?
Learn the fundamental concepts for identifying and evaluating good and bad arguments.
All the Formal Logic You Need to Know
for Critical Thinking
for Critical Thinking
Just enough to understand formal fallacies and to think critically about the logical structure of ordinary language
Introduction to Formal Fallacies
Errors in Reasoning Due to Bad Logic
Informal Fallacies: A Guided Tour
Slippery Slopes, Red Herrings, Straw Men and More!
Q&A with Dr. K
Every week I post answers to questions submitted by students and supporters of the Critical Thinker Academy
A Critical Thinking Library
A Selection of Books Accumulated Over 20 Years Teaching Critical Thinking, Philosophy and Science
What is Probability?
A Gentle Introduction to the Foundations and Philosophy of Probability
The Logic of Probability
Learn the Rules for Reasoning With Probabilities (including Bayes' Rule)
Understanding the Errors We Make When Reasoning About Coincidences, Randomness and Uncertainty
How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay!
Watch me rewrite a short student essay from start to finish
A+ Essays: A Structured Approach to Successful Essay Writing
A Deep Dive Into What Makes a Good Academic Essay
How to Cite Sources and Avoid Plagiarism
Everything a student needs to know
Special Topics: Conspiracies, God, the Big Bang and More
Join the discussion on some of the popular topics from the Critical Thinker podcast.
Original Price: $117
Kevin deLaplante is the lead instructor at the Critical Thinker Academy. He earned an undergraduate degree in physics from Carleton University and a PhD in philosophy from Western University.
Kevin spent most of his academic career as an Associate Professor of Philosophy in the Department of Philosophy & Religious Studies at Iowa State University. From 2008-2013 he served as Chair of that department.
In 2015, Kevin left his academic job to work full time as an independent educator, creating video courses and other educational content that helps people develop their critical thinking and communication skills.
You can learn more about Kevin, his background and his current web projects at